Sunday, August 1, 2021

5th Ave Lego Store

 

NYC has a new lego store.  


Apparently they decided to take advantage of lockdown and their greater bargaining power due to loss of retail in the city, to upgrade their midtown store.  The new store is located at 636 Fifth Avenue.


I didn't really tune in.  


But then I realized that I would be unable to buy pieces online in time for my trip to North Carolina.  


(They say to allow three weeks for "pick a brick" pieces.  But they have stiffed me in the past, so I would recommend allowing even more time.) 


Luckily I still had time to head down to the new store.  


It's quite lovely.  A bit bigger than the last one.  And filled with set-ups designed for Instagram photos.  


I was sorry that I didn't bring my real camera.  But even with these shots taken with my phone you can see how visual it is.


 

Unfortunately their pick-a-brick selection was limited to small pieces.  When I asked about it on the way out, they were honest, and told me - we take what they give us.


Yeah, they definitely would have stiffed me online.


Meanwhile though, we had enough pieces to create this pair of co-op's with terraces, a doorman, and garden and deck bridges.


And a backyard with a pool, pool house, garden, concert area and obstacle course.  Not bad.  Not bad at all.  Thanks Spencer!  :-)


 

Here are some pics from the store on 23rd Street...

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2016/02/lego-store.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment