Sunday, August 15, 2021

Greece 2

 

I was quite alarmed the other day when I heard that the wild fires in Greece were just north of Athens.  


They are out of control on several Greek islands as well.  


 

So sad.  Here's hoping that they can get them under control soon.  


Greece holds a special place in my heart as it's where Edward and I honeymooned.  


I did lots of sketching, 


while Edward photographed me sketching.  


He also took some amazing pics.


I did this sketch of the Temple of Nike on the Acropolis while sitting in front of the Parthenon., using an ink pen.  You can't do that anymore.  


Apparently you are now only allowed to use pencils when sketching on the Acropolis.  It makes me wonder what happened to lead to the change in rules.


  I'm glad I had the chance to visit before they did.


Here's a previous blog from Greece and a digital collage...

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2017/08/greece.html

 

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2015/08/digital-collage-grecian-honeymoon.html

 

Cheers!

PJ

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment