Sunday, May 1, 2022

Park Avenue

 

As soon as I started seeing pics of the apple and cherry trees on Park Avenue blooming on Instagram 


I knew the clock was ticking.  


The good news about how cold it has been this spring is it means that the flowering trees bloom slower and stay pretty longer.  


But it's still always a race to see if I can get free time on a sunny day so I can head out and check out the scene.  


Every year the folks on Park Avenue decide what color tulips to plant.  


This year they picked a white tulip with a hint of pink.  


Very classy.  


I recently learned that the name Manhattan came from the Lenape word Manahatta which means - many hills.  


I thought of that and smiled when I headed toward the peak at 68th Street.  


 

It gives you a different view of avenue.


Previous blog from spring on Park Avenue...

https://pj-studio.blogspot.com/2021/04/spring-flowers-on-ues.html

Happy Spring!

PJ

 

(c) 2022 PJ Lehrer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment