Sunday, September 9, 2018

Peonies 3


As summer slips away I thought it was a good time to post some more photos of peonies.  

When I looked at past blogs I saw that in my first peonies blog I posted pink flowers.  

So I thought for this one I would post white ones.  

Focusing on one color allows you to see more clearly the wide variety of pretty shapes peonies come in. 

In fact there are 33 known species of peonies falling into six distinct categories.  

According to Greek mythology, 

when Asclepius, the God of Medicine, became jealous of his assistant - Paeon, 

Zeus turned Paeon into a peony to save him from Asclepius's wrath.

No explanation as to why there are 33 varieties. ;-)

Multiple personalities?

Here are the two previous blogs in case you are fellow peony lover...



Enjoy!
PJ

(c) 2018 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment