Sunday, April 14, 2019

Central Park - 4/10/19


Well it's official.  So far, NYC is having a lousy spring. 

It's just been too cold.  Our March temperature averaged about two degrees below normal

and the flowering trees, in particular the fluffy white trees which are my favorites because they dot the sidewalks, 

are very unhappy.  They look as bad as they did in 2017 when we had a frost after they had already started to bud.  

It's very sad.  

But I headed over to Central Park any way on the first sunny day, with my long underwear on, and there were some flowers to work with.  

But mostly I was struck by the new skyline of Central Park South.  

I looked at the old skyline for over 50 years, so the changes seem odd.  But, I guess it's actually amazing that it stayed the same for that long.  

Keep your fingers crossed for better weather.  

We still have some spring left.  The cherries haven't started blooming yet and they usually put on quite a show. ;-)






Cheers!
PJ

(c) 2019 PJ Lehrer
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment