Sunday, April 2, 2023

Central Park – 4/1/23

I have to admit that I have been wishing for a really nice warm day lately, but when the thermometer said 70 degrees yesterday, I did wonder for a moment if it was an April Fool’s Day joke.


 

It wasn’t! 


So, I did what all the locals did, I headed to Central Park, to see the tourists taking selfies. 


I can’t take credit for that line.  I overheard it in the park.


 

And, on the walk over – “New York seems pretty chill.”  “Well, this is the Upper East Side…  But New York is chill, unless you go to places with lots of crazy tourists like Times Square.”




Yes, New York is a tale of two cities. 



Tourists & Locals.



The park was of course packed – mostly with locals sitting around being chill.



While I suspect most of those in the carriages were tourists, I overheard a young lady tell her parents that “the next time they came to the park she wanted a ride in that carriage.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment